This course supports participants to get clued up on the basics of charity finance. It will help you to understand the basics of balance sheets, profit and loss and cash flow and will help you to develop effective budgets for fundraising and proposal writing. Aimed at non finance professionals.
Who is this for:
This one-day course is aimed at those new to fundraising, those about to launch a big project in a new area or for those just looking for a refresher in a key aspect of fundraising.
You will learn:
- What makes up a budget
- How to read a balance sheet
- Understanding cashflow and profit and loss
- The difference between direct and indirect costs
- Key budgeting techniques such as Zero Based budgeting and Full Cost Recovery
- How to prepare effective budgets that tell a story
- How to understand your organisation’s accounts and finance methodology
David Johnson has joined Arts Fundraising & Philanthropy as Head of Programme to help grow and deliver the programme as it moves into the Arts Council England funded National Portfolio as a sector support organisation. David joins from the Albany, an arts centre and social enterprise in Deptford, London, where he was Head of Development.